The Chess Academy
The Chess Academy (TCA) is the #1 Chess Program in Hong Kong with the best coaches and curriculum. We are also specialists in conducting major tournaments.
TCA was founded with the dual objectives of teaching world-class, international chess strategies and skills to children and, even more importantly, building a child's character through chess. Chess requires a thorough understanding of rules, a belief in fair competition, learning from mistakes and the desire to challenge oneself. Through this process, children will develop stronger spatial reasoning, improved attention span, better sportsmanship and higher levels of confidence.
Our Mission is to:
- Nurture confidence and sportsmanship
- Develop planning, patience and logical decision-making
- Guide students in a positive manner
- Encourage students to learn from mistakes
The Chess Academy program offers a progressive course to students of all ages. We are structured to teach players from introductory lessons to advanced competition levels. We have the highest-ranking and most experienced coaches in Hong Kong - from National Trainers to FIDE Masters to International Masters. (Click here for our Team)
At The Chess Academy, we provide the most comprehensive program for children to develop and practice their key chess skill sets. Besides instructional classes, we will also provide various opportunities for children to compete - from less formal weekly mini-quad tournaments to official larger-scale interscholastic championships.
- Tournaments: We are extremely experienced in running open tournaments. We run at least 6 major tournaments throughout the course of the year as we believe tournament play is one of the most important ways to develop a student’s chess ability and rating. These tournaments also offer a fun, social activity where students can make new friends. Below is a list of some of the tournaments hosted annually by The Chess Academy.
|Beginners Tournament ||Every February/March|
|The ISF Academy Chess Open ||Every March|
|Hong Kong Scholastic Championship ||Every June|
|Novice Tournament ||Every November|
|End Of Year Tournament ||Every December|
|The Chess Academy Rated Rapid ||Two to Three Times a Year|
- Quads: We host regular mini-quad matches which we believe are an excellent way to practice tournament skills by competing against students of a similar level and by learning about the etiquette of competition.
- Camps: We also organize holiday camps and term-break chess camps for students to intensively improve their skills and explore specific topics of chess.
Please refer to our other web pages for more information.
The Chess Academy Blog